The Sacramento Bee on Tuesday reported that California Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom has announced he is throwing his support behind statewide efforts to raise the minimum wage. The proposal, which is supported by the Service Employees International Union’s state council, would gradually raise the wage to $15 by 2020 and include six paid sick days a year.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Democrats Win California Statewide Races
- ‘Bridezilla’ Charged with Insurance Fraud
- State Lawmakers Reach Deal on Minimum Wage
- Assembly Votes Against Aliso Canyon Relief Bill
- California Public Health Chief to Step Down
- Oversight of Alcohol Businesses Weakened
- Yes Vote to Vaccinations
- Former Regional Water District Manager Fined Over Gifts