The Dow Jones industrial average fell 37 points in Thursday trading to close at 18,126.
The S&P 500 fell three points to 2,121.
The Nasdaq fell nine points to 5,098.
The LABJ Stock Index fell one point to 233.
Gainers and Losers
Thursday’s biggest gainer was West Angeles real estate firm InterGroup Corp. Shares rose nine percent on the day, closing at $21.86.
Thursday’s biggest loser was agricultural biotech Ceres Inc. Shares tumbled 17 percent, just a day after shares had risen more than 70 percent. The Thousand Oaks company announced earlier this week that it had been awarded a patent for a soybean genetic sequence.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Mixed; Ceres Climbs, InterGroup Sinks
- Stocks Fall; InterGroup Corp. Rises, BreitBurn Energy Partners Sinks
- Stocks Rise; TrueCar Leads, Lion Lags
- Stocks Rise; Second Sight Climbs, Ceres Deflates
- Stocks Fall; InterGroup Soars, Health Net Loses
- Stocks Rise; TrueCar Makes Comeback, Ceres Doesn’t
- Stocks Fall; Landmark Rebounds, InterGroup Tumbles
- Stocks Mixed; MannKind Lags, Ceres Leads