"Tomorrowland," a futuristic fantasy movie starring George Clooney, dominated a slow weekend box office, taking in $41.7 million from its debut in the United States and Canada, the Los Angeles Times reports. "Pitch Perfect 2," which continued its extraordinary box office run by grossing $38.5 million, took the No. 2 spot, beating out a pair of big-budget movies: "Mad Max: Fury Road" and Marvel's "Avengers: Age of Ultron."
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Box Office: 'Pitch Perfect 2' Beats 'Mad Max: Fury Road'
- ‘Avengers’ Reigns Again
- 'Tomorrowland': Disney Money Loser?
- Lionsgate Fattens Up on ‘Hunger Games’ Finale
- Box Office: ‘Ant-Man’ Still Dominates at No. 1
- Marvel Superheroes to Become Traveling Attraction
- Box Office: ‘Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation’ Takes Top Spot
- ‘Dragon’ Succeeding in Chinese Cinemas