Exide Technologies will close its plant in Vernon and avoid criminal charges after making a deal with the U.S. Attorney’s office, the Los Angeles Times reports. As part of the agreement, the battery recycler will acknowledge it illegally stored hazardous waste.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Deal Reached on Vernon Battery Plant
- Air Quality District Sues Exide
- President Obama’s Visit to Cause Road Closures on Thursday
- More Soil Testing Near Vernon Battery Plant
- Another Lawsuit for Exide
- Vernon Battery Recycler Allowed to Reopen
- Brunei Laws Spark Local Hotel Boycotts
- County Creates Toxic 'Strike Team'