"Jurassic World" narrowly ruled the weekend box office but did hit the $500 million mark in total ticket sales, making it only the fifth film to do so domestically. Pixar’s “Inside Out” came in second place while with $52.1 million over the weekend while Seth MacFarlane’s R-rated “Ted 2” came in third, making $32.9 million, the Hollywood Reporter reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Box Office: ‘Jurasssic World’ Rules, ‘Terminator’ Disappoints
- Box office: ‘Jurassic World’ Reigns
- Box Office: ‘Minions’ Dominate ‘Jurassic World’
- Box Office: ‘Perfect Guy’ Narrowly Beats ‘The Visit’
- Box office: 'Jurassic World' Rules, Making Movie History
- Little Minions Lifting Universal Again
- ‘Jurassic’ Makes Box Office Record
- Seth MacFarlane Buys Beverly Hills Office