The Dow Jones industrial average rose 104 points in Monday trading to close at 18,120.
The S&P 500 rose 13 points to 2,123.
The Nasdaq rose 37 points to 5,154.
The LABJ Stock Index rose one point to 236.
Gainers and Losers
Monday’s biggest local gainer was Westlake Village’s Qualstar Corp. Shares of the data storage firm rose 8 percent on the day, closing at $1.28.
Monday’s biggest loser was Broadway Financial Corp. Shares of the Mid-Wilshire parent of Broadway Federal Bank fell 10 percent, closing at $1.35.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Rise; United Online Soars, Capstone Turbine Tanks
- Stocks Rise; Ceres Spikes, U.S. Auto Parts Stalls
- Stocks Mixed; Ceres Doubles Up, American Apparel Tanks
- Stocks Rise; Guidance Software Gains, Jakks Pacific Slides
- Stocks Rise; Ritter Pharmaceuticals Climbs, Broadway Financial Tanks
- Stocks Fall; InterGroup Corp. Rises, BreitBurn Energy Partners Sinks
- Stocks Rise; Portsmouth Climbs, Qualstar Dives
- Stocks Rise; Second Sight Up, Qualstar Tanks