The Dow Jones industrial average rose 31 points in Wednesday trading to close at 17,936.
The S&P 500 rose four points to 2,100.
The Nasdaq rose nine points to 5,065.
The LABJ Stock Index was flat at 232.
Gainers and Losers
Wednesday’s biggest local gainer was Kythera Biopharmaceuticals Inc. Shares of the Westlake Village company spiked 22 percent on the day, closing at $74.11 after pharmaceutical giant Allergan announced plans to buy the company for $2.1 billion.
Wednesday’s biggest loser was Lion Biotechnologies Inc., a Woodland Hills biotechnology company that is developing cancer immunotherapies. Shares fell 9 percent on the day, closing at $10.67.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Fall; U.S. Auto Parts Network Rises, Arrowhead Research Sinks
- Stocks Rise; Xencor is Up, Unico American Tanks
- Stocks Fall; Kythera Jumps, Ixia Tumbles
- Stocks Rise; TrueCar Leads, Lion Lags
- Stocks Rise; Portsmouth Climbs, Puma Slumps
- Stocks Rise; RadNet Soars, TrueCar Brakes
- Stocks Mixed; Ixia Up, DreamWorks Sinks
- Kythera, Cadiz Among This Week’s Movers