Elon Musk’s space company has asked the government's permission to test a satellite system to beam Internet service from space, the Washington Post reports. If successful, the attempt could transform SpaceX, based in Hawthorne, from a pure rocket company into a high-speed Internet provider such as Comcast and AT&T.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- SpaceX Poised to Win Government Contract
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 16: Sony Skipping E3
- Satellite Launcher Turns Vision to Constellations
- SpaceX Attempts Earth Landing of Rocket
- SpaceX Moves Ahead of Competition After Rocket Landing
- Musk Makes Push to Launch Military Satellites
- Google Said Investing in SpaceX’s Satellite Internet
- Rocket Lab Closes Series B Round