The Dow Jones industrial average fell three points in Tuesday trading to close at 17,764.
The S&P 500 rose one point to 2,080.
The Nasdaq fell eight points to 5,014.
The LABJ Stock Index fell one point to 229.
Gainers and Losers
Tuesday’s biggest local gainer was Thousand Oaks agricultural biotech Ceres Inc. Shares rose eight percent on the day, closing at $2.16. The company was recently granted a patent for a genetic sequence made from soybeans.
Tuesday’s biggest loser was Valencia’s MannKind. The company’s shares fell 7 percent on the day, closing at $6.70.
Both companies are off to a volatile start this week: On Monday, MannKind was the biggest local gainer, while Ceres was the biggest loser.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Fall; NantKwest Climbs, Ceres Continues Slide
- Stocks Fall; MannKind Soars, Ceres Keeps Slipping
- Stocks Fall; Second Sight is Up, BreitBurn Sinks Again
- Stocks Rise; Second Sight Climbs, Ceres Deflates
- Stocks Down; MannKind Climbs, Nova LifeStyle Falls
- Stocks Fall; Ceres Soars, Point.360 Tanks
- Stocks Rise; TrueCar Makes Comeback, Ceres Doesn’t
- Stocks Rise; NetSol Soars, Capricor Therapeutics Sinks