It may not be smooth sailing for Blue Shield of California's proposed $1.2 billion purchase of Care1st Health Plan, a Medicaid insurer, as one California regulator vows to get to the bottom of whether Blue Shield has a charitable trust obligation, the Los Angeles Times reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Blue Shield Taps Medicaid Market with Acquisition
- Few Making Money on Obamacare
- Unhealthy Prognosis for Blue Shield of California
- Online Medical Records on Way to California
- Lightening the Load
- Regulator: Blue Shield Rate Hike Excessive
- Blue Shield, Aetna to Raise Rates Over State Objections
- Tesla Getting Richer