"Spy," starring Melissa McCarthy, topped the weekend box office, taking in $30 million from its debut in the United States and Canada, the Los Angeles Times reports. "San Andreas" came in second, making $26.4 million over the weekend followed by "Insidious: Chapter 3," which came in at $23 million.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Box office: ‘Jurassic World’ Reigns
- 'The Boss' Tops Box Office
- Box Office Bounces Back With ‘Spectre’ and ‘The Peanuts Movie’
- Box Office: 'Straight Outta Compton' Dominates
- Box Office: 'Maze Runner’ Wins, 'Black Mass' Opens Strong
- Box Office: ‘The Martian’ Returns to No. 1
- Box Office: ‘Ant-Man’ Dominates, Beating ‘Minions’
- Box Office: 'Mockingjay – Part 2' Tops