The Dow Jones industrial average rose 30 points in Monday trading to close at 18,040.
The S&P 500 rose four points to 2,112.
The Nasdaq rose 13 points to 5,083.
The LABJ Stock Index rose one point to 232.
Gainers and Losers
Monday’s biggest local gainer was West Los Angeles real estate firm Portsmouth Square Inc. Shares rose six percent on the day, closing at $35.
Monday’s biggest loser was Puma Biotechnology Inc. The Westwood company’s shares fell 13 percent on the day, closing at $169.97, after questions arose regarding side effects of the company’s experimental breast cancer drug. See more Business Journal coverage on Puma here.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Fall; Nova Lifestyle Soars, Puma Plunges – Again
- Stocks Rise; Smart & Final Soars, Broadway Financial Falls
- Stocks Rise; RadNet Soars, TrueCar Brakes
- Stocks Fall; Point.360 Soars, Ritter Pharmaceuticals Tanks
- Stocks Rise; Portsmouth Climbs, Qualstar Dives
- Stocks Rise; Electro Rent Surges, B. Riley Slumps
- Stocks Rise; Qualstar Climbs, Broadway Slips
- Stocks Rise