A Paramount Pictures proposal to shorten the time between the end of a movie’s theatrical release and its availability on home video to 17 days isn’t sitting well with some big chains, including Regal Entertainment Group, the nation’s largest exhibitor, the Los Angeles Times reports. Theater operators say a shorter window could keep potential moviegoers home, hurting ticket sales.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Box Office: ‘Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation’ Takes Top Spot
- ArcLight to Develop Original Content
- Movie Drama
- Alibaba Invests in Two Paramount Films
- Carmike to Buy Sundance Cinemas
- Box Office: 'Straight Outta Compton' Dominates
- Paramount Pictures Film Group President Leaving
- Paramount Announces Layoffs