Vineyard owners aim to appeal to the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors’ ban on new vineyards and extensions of old ones in the Santa Monica Mountains, the Los Angeles Times reports. While the supervisors cite concerns about the amount of water being used and pesticides in runoff, the owners say they’ve already been working with county officials to address the issues.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Malibu Winemakers Will Toast This
- Santa Monica Land Use Plan Approved
- Possible Funding for Affordable Housing
- Growth in Malibu Wine Country Threatened by Proposed Rules
- Historic Preservation in L.A.’s Unincorporated Areas Gets Initial Approval
- Candidates Line Up to Succeed Antonovich
- Property Tax Set for L.A. County Ballot
- L.A. Takes Step Toward Touch-Screen Voting