The Dow Jones industrial average fell 128 points in Monday trading to close at 17,441.
The S&P 500 fell 12 points to 2,068.
The Nasdaq fell 49 points to 5,040.
The LABJ Stock Index rose one point to 238.
Gainers and Losers
Monday’s biggest local gainer was Encino firm Research Solutions Inc. Shares of the research document delivery services company rose 11 percent on the day, closing at $1.00.
The day’s biggest loser was agricultural biotech Ceres Inc. Shares of the Thousand Oaks company fell 23 percent, closing at $1.26, after the company announced it had made an agreement with investors to sell 1.2 million shares of common stock at $1.30 a share and warrants to buy up to 1.2 million shares of common stock at $1.62 a share.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Mixed; MannKind Lags, Ceres Leads
- Stocks Fall; Ceres Soars, Daily Journal Sinks
- Stocks Rise; TrueCar Makes Comeback, Ceres Doesn’t
- Stocks Fall; MannKind Soars, Ceres Keeps Slipping
- Stocks Rise; United Online Soars, Capstone Turbine Tanks
- Stocks Fall; Ceres Soars, Point.360 Tanks
- Stocks Mixed; Ceres Climbs, InterGroup Sinks
- Stocks Fall; NantKwest Climbs, Ceres Continues Slide