The Dow Jones industrial average fell 68 points in Wednesday trading to close at 17,851.
The S&P 500 fell five points to 2,114.
The Nasdaq fell 36 points to 5,172.
The LABJ Stock Index rose one point to 240.
Gainers and Losers
Wednesday’s biggest local gainer was Malibu toymaker Jakks Pacific Inc. Shares of the company rose 9 percent on the day, closing at $9.82 after the company reported better-than-expected earnings.
The day’s biggest loser was Brentwood biotech firm CytRx Corp. Its shares fell 7 percent on the day, closing at $2.83, a day after the company announced it would price its upcoming public offering of 9.1 million shares of common stock at only $2.75 a share, below where shares have been trading for most of the year.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Fall; BreitBurn Energy Surges, CytRx Tanks
- Stocks Rise; Second Sight Climbs, Ceres Deflates
- Stocks Rise
- Stocks Fall; NantKwest Tops, ReachLocal Tanks
- Stocks Rise; Staar Surgical is Up, Ceres Tanks
- Stocks Rise; Guidance Software Gains, Jakks Pacific Slides
- Stocks Mixed; Kite Pharma Rises, Rentech Sinks
- Stocks Fall