The Dow Jones industrial average fell 181 points in Tuesday trading to close at 17,919.
The S&P 500 fell nine points to 2,119.
The Nasdaq fell 11 points to 5,208.
The LABJ Stock Index fell one point to 240.
Gainers and Losers
Tuesday’s biggest local gainer was Los Angeles oil and gas company BreitBurn Energy Partners, which rebounded a day after being the biggest local loser. Shares of the company rose 8 percent on the day, closing at $3.18.
The day’s biggest loser was West Los Angeles biopharmaceutical firm CytRx Corp. Shares of the company fell 20 percent on the day, closing at $3.04 after the company announced the below-market pricing of a 9.1 million-share stock offering.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Fall; Jakks Soars, CytRx Sinks
- Markets Mixed; BreitBurn Energy Partners Soars, Cadiz Tanks
- Stocks Fall; Second Sight is Up, BreitBurn Sinks Again
- Stocks Rise; Emcore Corp. Soars, BreitBurn Tanks
- Stocks Rise; U.S. Auto Parts Revs Up, BreitBurn Energy Stalls
- Stocks Mixed; Kite Pharma Rises, Rentech Sinks
- Stocks Fall; InterGroup Corp. Rises, BreitBurn Energy Partners Sinks
- Stocks Fall; BreitBurn Rebounds, Cadiz Dries Up