The Dow Jones industrial average rose 70 points in Thursday trading to close at 18,120.
The S&P 500 rose 17 points to 2,124.
The Nasdaq rose 64 points to 5,163.
The LABJ Stock Index rose two points to 241.
Gainers and Losers
Thursday’s biggest local gainer was diabetes drug developer MannKind Corp. Shares of the company rose 5 percent on the day, closing at $5.76.
Thursday’s biggest loser was Commerce furniture designer and manufacturer Nova Lifestyle Inc. Shares of the company fell 14 percent on the day, closing at $1.92.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Down; MannKind Climbs, Nova LifeStyle Falls
- Stocks Fall
- Stocks Rise; Green Dot Soars, 1st Century Bancshares Falls
- Stocks Rise; Second Sight Climbs, Ceres Deflates
- Stocks Fall; MRV Communications Rises, Nova Lifestyle Tanks
- Stocks Fall; On Assignment Soars, MannKind Tanks
- Stocks Rise; Simulations Plus Climbs, Nova Lifestyle Sinks
- Stocks Fall; InterGroup Soars, Ceres Tanks