The Dow Jones industrial average rose 76 points in Tuesday trading to close at 18,054.
The S&P 500 rose nine points to 2,109.
The Nasdaq rose 33 points to 5,105.
The LABJ Stock Index rose one point to 238.
Gainers and Losers
Tuesday’s biggest local gainer was Lancaster software maker Simulations Plus Inc. Shares of the company rose 11 percent on the day, closing at $6.87 after the company reported its fiscal third quarter results, which beat analysts’ estimates.
The day’s biggest loser was Pasadena equipment rental business General Finance Corp. Shares of the company fell 8 percent on the day, closing at $5.18. A day earlier, the company was one of the biggest local gainers.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Rise; Smart & Final Soars, Broadway Financial Falls
- Stocks Mixed; Skechers Soars, BreitBurn Energy Partners Tanks
- Stocks Fall
- Stocks Fall; ReachLocal Climbs, Global Eagle Sinks
- Stocks Rise; Simulations Plus Climbs, Nova Lifestyle Sinks
- Stocks Climb; Rubicon Rises, Big 5 Dives
- Markets Mixed; BreitBurn Energy Partners Soars, Cadiz Tanks
- Stocks Rise; United Online Soars, Capstone Turbine Tanks