The Dow Jones industrial average rose 217 points in Monday trading to close at 17,978.
The S&P 500 rose 23 points to 2,100.
The Nasdaq rose 74 points to 5,072.
The LABJ Stock Index rose two points to 237.
Gainers and Losers
Monday’s biggest local gainer was Pasadena’s General Finance Corp. Shares of the company, which leases portable buildings and storage tanks, rose 9 percent on the day, closing at $5.61.
Monday’s biggest loser was BreitBurn Energy Partners. Shares of the Los Angeles oil and gas company fell 8 percent on the day, closing at $3.84. Oil prices also sank Monday on news that negotiators might be nearing a deal that could lift sanctions on oil-rich Iran.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Fall; BreitBurn Rebounds, Cadiz Dries Up
- Stocks Rise; U.S. Auto Parts Revs Up, BreitBurn Energy Stalls
- Stocks Fall; InterGroup Corp. Rises, BreitBurn Energy Partners Sinks
- Markets Mixed; BreitBurn Energy Partners Soars, Cadiz Tanks
- Stocks Fall; Second Sight is Up, BreitBurn Sinks Again
- Stocks Mixed; Skechers Soars, BreitBurn Energy Partners Tanks
- Stocks Rise; Emcore Corp. Soars, BreitBurn Tanks
- Stocks Fall; BreitBurn Energy Surges, CytRx Tanks