The employer group representing shipping lines and West Coast port terminal operators said it reached a tentative agreement with the dockworkers union over repairing and maintaining chassis, the trailers that truckers use to haul containers in and out of the the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach, the Long Beach Press Telegram reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Port Workers Sue for Unpaid Health Claims
- Trucking Groups Take Issue With Port Inspection Program
- Union, Shippers Closing in on a Deal
- Port Employers Under Fire for Suspending Ship Unloading
- Shippers Threaten Port Lockout
- Clearing Away Pile-Up at Ports May Be Tall Order
- Port of Long Beach to Shell Out for Chassis Fleet
- Port Venture Looks to Make Inroads on Chassis