After two years of court challenges to the project, the California High-Speed Rail Authority will begin construction in Fresno this week on the first 29-mile segment of the $68 billion bullet train, the Los Angeles Times reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- State Lacks Land Needed for High-Speed Rail
- Plans for Burbank-to-Palmdale Rail
- Slower Than a Speeding Bullet
- High-Speed Rail Authority Makes Southern California Plans
- Bullet Train Not on Target?
- The Case for an Alternative Bullet-Train Route
- Bullet Train Plan Racing Forward
- Ballooning Cost of Bullet Train