Two patients at UCLA's Ronald Reagan Medical Center died after being exposed to the drug-resistant superbug known as CRE, a potentially deadly bacteria from contaminated medical scopes, and they were among seven patients that UCLA found were infected, the Los Angeles Times reports. Nearly 180 other patients may have been exposed to CRE at UCLA.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Another Hospital Reports Infections from Scope
- FDA Issues Warning Against Medical Device After CRE Outbreak
- Olympus’ Profits from Superbug a Problem for Lawmaker
- UCLA Medical Center Disputes Failing Grade
- Health Care Leadership Forum & Awards: Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center - Hospital/Medical Center of the Year
- Concerns About Citrus
- UCLA Hospital Hit by Walkout
- UCLA Leads the Nation in Organ Transplants