Paramount and CBS have sued Axanar Productions and producer Alec Peters for alleged copyright infringement in a Los Angeles court. According to the Hollywood Reporter, Axanar has raised more than $1 million on Kickstarter and Indiegogo to make the first independent “Star Trek” film. The film studios, however, say that the production company has violated their intellectual property.
Axanar’s film project has become one of the biggest in Kickstarter history, according to the outlet.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- ‘Goodfellas’ Actor Sues Fox Over ‘Simpsons’ Mob Character
- 'G.I. Joe' Screenwriters Sue Paramount
- Marvel Entertainment Suit Dismissed
- High Court Won't Allow Hurricane to Interfere with Copyright Showdown
- 'Deep Throat' Owners Can't Stop 'Lovelace'
- Lawsuit Filed Over Clothing Store Investment
- Richard Dreyfuss Sues Disney
- Lionsgate Sues to Protect 'Hunger Games' Emblem