The Los Angeles Business Journal’s index of the largest local public companies was down for the week. The weighted LABJ index fell 1 percent to close at 242, with losers outpacing gainers 93 to 54. Seven companies closed the week unchanged.
Among stocks trading above a dollar, Broadway Financial Corp., the Mid-Wilshire parent of Broadway Federal Bank, was the week’s leading gainer. Shares were up 20 percent to close at $1.55.
Los Angeles water marketer Cadiz Inc. was also one of this week’s leading gainers. Shares rose 18 percent to close at $4.25.
Breitburn Energy Partners was the week’s leading losing stock among stocks trading above a dollar. Shares of the company were down 47 percent to close at $1.08 after the Los Angeles oil and gas drilling partnership made a long-expected announcement this week that it was suspending shareholder distributions.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Simulations Plus, Boingo Wireless Among This Week’s Movers
- Qualstar, Broadway Financial Among This Week’s Movers
- Green Dot, MRV Communications Among This Week’s Movers
- Point.360, Broadway Financial Among Week’s Movers
- UTi Worldwide, California Resources Corp. Among This Week’s Movers
- Kythera, Cadiz Among This Week’s Movers
- Cherokee, Rubicon Project Among This Week’s Movers
- Medbox, Jakks Among Week’s Big Movers