The Dow Jones industrial average fell 159 points in Wednesday trading to close at 17,730.
The S&P 500 fell 23 points to 2,080.
The Nasdaq fell 33 points to 5,123.
The LABJ Stock Index fell three points to 241.
Gainers and Losers
Wednesday’s biggest gainer among stocks trading above $1 was Second Sight Medical Products Inc. Shares rose 7 percent on the day, closing at $5.23.
BreitBurn Energy Partners was Wednesday’s biggest loser among stocks trading above $1. Shares fell 18 percent on the day, closing at $1.30 one day after the Los Angeles oil and gas drilling partnership announced it would suspend shareholder distributions immediately. Shares fell more than 20 percent on Tuesday.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Markets Mixed; BreitBurn Energy Partners Soars, Cadiz Tanks
- Stocks Rise; Skechers Soars, Second Sight Medical Products Tanks
- Stocks Fall; Broadway Financial Corp. is Up, Guess Tanks
- Stocks Rise; U.S. Auto Parts Revs Up, BreitBurn Energy Stalls
- Stocks Fall; NantKwest Climbs, Ceres Continues Slide
- Stocks Fall; Second Sight Soars, Green Dot Sinks
- Stocks Rise; Second Sight Soars, TrueCar Brakes
- Stocks Rise; Second Sight Climbs, Ceres Deflates