Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP has signed a long-term lease with L.A.’s CIM Group to move the law firm’s headquarters to 150,500 square feet at 2 Cal, an office building at 350 S. Grand Ave. in Bunker Hill.
Munger, Tolles is currently located at 355 South Grand Ave. The firm’s 375 employees will take up five floors, and part of a sixth, in the 52-story 2 Cal building. The firm’s Co-Managing Partner Brad Brian said the new location is ideal for its attorneys.
“We at Munger Tolles are excited about moving into 2 Cal Plaza,” Brian said. “It’s an ideal location for us because it’s walking distance to the courts and our child-care center and is in the heart of the cultural center of Los Angeles.”
The office building is Leed Platinum certified and is part of a two-tower complex that also has 44,000 square feet of retail space. It is located near the Music Center downtown.
CIM Group acquired the 2 Cal building in February of last year and is currently renovating its lobby.
Munger, Tolles’s move is scheduled to take place in early 2017.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Regional Report
- Owners Land Ground Beneath Office Properties
- LA 500: Brad D. Brian
- SPECIAL REPORT: Office Market Closes Year Strong; Tight Space Lifts Industrial Rents
- Cal State L.A. Opening Downtown Campus
- REAL ESTATE: Downtown Los Angeles
- Chinese E-Vendor Picks Pasadena for Pictures Push
- Vacancy Rate Remains High Despite Pair of Blockbuster Leases