Universal Pictures' "Straight Outta Compton," a biopic of the rap group N.W.A., stayed on top of the box office for the third consecutive weekend, bringing in $13.2 million. Sony Pictures' faith-based film "War Room" came in at No. 2, making $11 million. The Weinstein Co.’s “No Escape,” grossed $10.3 million and tied with Paramount Pictures' "Mission: Impossible — Rogue Nation” for third place, the Hollywood Reporter reports. The latter grossed an additional $8.3 million over the weekend.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Box Office: 'Straight Outta Compton' Continues to Dominate
- Box Office: 'Straight Outta Compton' Dominates
- Police in Force at Movie Premiere
- What to Watch this Weekend
- Box Office: 'Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation' Conquers 'Fantastic Four'
- Universal Breaks Global Record
- Legendary Entertainment Seeking $700 Million Refinancing
- Box Office: ‘Perfect Guy’ Narrowly Beats ‘The Visit’