International travel to Los Angeles continues to drive traffic at Los Angeles International Airport, which saw a double-digit surge in the number of international travelers last month.
Last month, 5.2 million domestic passenger traveled through LAX, an increase of 3.7 percent over the same month last year. But the number of international passengers swelled to 2.1 million in July, a nearly 12 percent increase, according to figures released this week by city airport agency Los Angeles World Airports.
Overall, 7.3 million passengers moved through LAX last month, a 5.9 percent increase over the same period last year.
Through the end of July, 43 million passengers have passed through LAX, a 4.4 percent increase over the same period a year ago, keeping the airport on pace to break the traffic record it set last year. International traffic is up 6.4 percent in that time, while domestic traffic is up 3.7 percent.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Passenger Traffic Through LAX Rose in August
- Travelers Give Lift to LAX
- LAX Passenger Traffic Up 4 Percent in April, 5.5 Percent Year-to-Date
- LAX Passenger Traffic Drops Again
- LAX Passenger Traffic Jumps 5.6 Percent in May to 7.2 Million
- LAX Passenger Traffic Up 6.5 Percent in Quarter
- Passenger Counts Up at LAX, Ontario
- Holiday Travelers Throng LAX in November