The Dow Jones industrial average rose 369 points in Thursday trading to close at 16,655, it’s second day of big gains following a week of declines.
The S&P 500 rose 47 points to 1,988.
The Nasdaq rose 115 points to 4,813.
The LABJ Stock Index rose five points to 223.
Gainers and Losers
Among stocks trading above $1, Santa Monica’s TrueCar Inc. was Thursday’s biggest local gainer. Shares of the company rose 11 percent on the day, closing at $5.44.
Thursday’s biggest loser was Ritter Pharmaceuticals Inc., the developer of a drug used to treat lactose intolerance. Shares of the company fell 7 percent on the day, closing at $2.86.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Mixed; Qualstar Rises, Ritter Pharmaceuticals Tanks
- Stocks Fall; Ritter Pharmaceuticals Rises, Rentech Sinks
- Stocks Fall; Ritter Pharmaceuticals Soars, Big 5 Dives
- Stocks Rise; Ritter Pharmaceuticals Climbs, Broadway Financial Tanks
- Stocks Rise; TrueCar Leads, Lion Lags
- Stocks Rise; RadNet Soars, TrueCar Brakes
- Stocks Fall; Point.360 Soars, Ritter Pharmaceuticals Tanks
- Stocks Rise; Ritter Pharmaceuticals Climbs, Marathon Sinks