The Dow Jones industrial surged 619 points in Wednesday trading to close at 16,286, erasing much of the previous two days’ losses.
The S&P 500 rose 73 points to 1,941.
The Nasdaq rose 191 points to 4,698.
The LABJ Stock Index rose eight points to 218.
Gainers and Losers
Among stocks trading above $1, Santa Monica Web publisher Demand Media was Wednesday’s biggest local gainer. Shares of the company rose 11 percent on the day, closing at $4.68.
Wednesday’s biggest loser was billionaire Patrick Soon-Shiong’s clinical-stage immunotherapy firm NantKwest Inc. Shares of the company fell 7 percent on the day to close at $19.30.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Rise; NantKwest Climbs, Cadiz Dries Up
- Stocks Fall; NantKwest Tops, ReachLocal Tanks
- Stocks Fall; NantKwest Climbs, Ceres Continues Slide
- Stocks Plunge; NantKwest Rebounds, California Resources Slumps
- Stocks Rise; NantKwest Soars, Qualstar Sinks
- Stocks Fall; Crown Media Soars, NantKwest Slips
- Stocks Fall
- Stocks Fall; TrueCar Soars, NantKwest Sinks