The Dow Jones industrial average fell 358 points in Thursday trading to close at 16,991, the first time it’s closed below 17,000 since October.
The S&P 500 fell 44 points to 2,036.
The Nasdaq fell 142 points to 4,878.
The LABJ Stock Index fell eight points to 227.
Gainers and Losers
Thursday’s biggest local gainer was West L.A. brokerage and investment bank B. Riley Financial Inc. Shares of the company rose 2 percent on the day, closing at $10.21. B. Riley was one of just 22 L.A. firms that saw any gains Thursday, as 124 local companies saw shares fall.
Thursday’s biggest local loser was alternative energy developer Rentech Inc. Shares of the company fell 15 percent on the day, closing at $6.15.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Mixed; Kite Pharma Rises, Rentech Sinks
- Stocks Fall; Ritter Pharmaceuticals Rises, Rentech Sinks
- Stocks Rise; General Finance Corp. is Up, Cadiz Falls Again
- Stocks Fall
- Stocks Rise; Electro Rent Surges, B. Riley Slumps
- Stocks Fall; Arrowhead Rises, Unico American Tanks
- Stocks Fall; Entravision Up, California Resources Corp. Tanks