The Los Angeles City Council’s Planning and Land Use Committee is to have a hearing next week regarding regulating short-term rentals, such as Airbnb, which are now illegal, the L.A. Weekly reports. While the city’s proposal would legalize them, it would only apply to primary residences and not second homes. The measure is being co-sponsored by City Councilman Mike Bonin who represents Venice Beach – a popular area for short-term rentals.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Airbnb Intensifying L.A.'s Housing Crisis?
- Debating Short-Term Rentals
- City Planning Commission Approves Limits on Short-Term Rentals
- City Attorney Files Charges Over Illegal Hotels
- Weighing Airbnb
- Airbnb to Pay Hotel Taxes to City of Los Angeles
- Different Destination?
- Councilmen Call for Regulation of Airbnb in L.A.