The Dow Jones industrial average fell 163 points in Wednesday trading to close at 17,349.
The S&P 500 fell 17 points to 2,080.
The Nasdaq fell 40 points to 5,019.
The LABJ Stock Index fell one point to 235.
Gainers and Losers
Wednesday biggest local gainer was billionaire Patrick Soon-Shiong’s clinical-stage immunotherapy firm NantKwest Inc. Shares of the company rose 9 percent on the day, closing at $25.88. The company debuted on the Nasdaq last month in an initial public offering priced at $25 a share.
The day’s biggest local loser was agricultural biotech Ceres Inc. Shares of the Thousand Oaks company fell 18 percent on the day, closing at $1.32. Shares have been falling since a spike last week that saw Ceres stock more than double in a day.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Mixed; MannKind Lags, Ceres Leads
- Stocks Fall; Second Sight is Up, BreitBurn Sinks Again
- Stocks Rise; NantKwest Climbs, Cadiz Dries Up
- Stocks Fall; Crown Media Soars, NantKwest Slips
- Stocks Fall; NantKwest Tops, ReachLocal Tanks
- Stocks Rebound; Demand Media Climbs, NantKwest Sinks
- Stocks Fall; ReachLocal Climbs, Global Eagle Sinks
- Stocks Fall; InterGroup Soars, Ceres Tanks