The West Hollywood dating app Tinder has been blamed for a lot, including hastening the decline of courtship. But now it’s being blamed for killing nightclubs and roughing up live-music venues. A Melbourne, Australia, bar owner and a promoter claims fewer people are going out to meet others and instead are sitting on their couches and swiping their smartphones, the Independent reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Tinder Offers New App Experience to Meet People at Music Festivals
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 1: Tinder Top Grossing App
- Tinder CEO Denies Funding Rumors
- Tinder Launches Paid Premium Service
- Dating App CEO to Hook Up With Accelerator
- Date App Makes Move on Friends
- Sean Rad to Step Down as Tinder CEO to Lead M&A
- Tinder Adds Job, Education Information to Dater Profiles