The Dow Jones industrial average fell 121 points in Thursday trading to close at 17,420.
The S&P 500 fell 16 points to 2,084.
The Nasdaq fell 84 points to 5,056.
The LABJ Stock Index fell four points to 237.
Gainers and Losers
Thursday’s biggest local gainer was Los Angeles oil and gas producer BreitBurn Energy Partners. Shares of the company rose 19 percent on the day, closing at $3.13, after it reported second-quarter earnings that were in line with its guidance. Breitburn shares have been hit hard lately by continued low oil prices.
Thursday’s biggest loser was Cadiz Inc. Shares of the Los Angeles water resources company fell 14 percent on the day, closing at $7.74.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Markets Mixed; BreitBurn Energy Partners Soars, Cadiz Tanks
- Stocks Rise; General Finance Climbs, BreitBurn Sinks
- Stocks Fall; Puma Biotechnology is Up, Capricor Tanks
- Stocks Mixed; Skechers Soars, BreitBurn Energy Partners Tanks
- Stocks Fall; InterGroup Corp. Rises, BreitBurn Energy Partners Sinks
- Stocks Fall; Cadiz Climbs, Xencor Tanks
- Stocks Fall; Second Sight is Up, BreitBurn Sinks Again
- Stocks Fall; BreitBurn Energy Surges, CytRx Tanks