The Dow Jones industrial average fell 10 points in Wednesday trading to close at 17,540.
The S&P 500 rose seven points to 2,100.
The Nasdaq rose 34 points to 5,140.
The LABJ Stock Index fell five points to 241.
Gainers and Losers
Wednesday’s biggest local gainer was Calabasas network security firm Ixia. Shares rose 16 percent on the day, closing at $15.65 after the company released second-quarter earnings that beat analysts’ expectations.
The day’s biggest loser was DreamWorks Animation SKG Inc. Shares of the company fell 12 percent on the day, closing at $21, a day after the company reported second-quarter earnings that included a larger-than-expected loss.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Fall; Second Sight is Up, BreitBurn Sinks Again
- Stocks Rise; Kythera Soars, Lion Loses
- Stocks Fall; Kythera Jumps, Ixia Tumbles
- Stocks Rise; Second Sight Soars, TrueCar Brakes
- Stocks Rise; Mannkind Climbs, Nova Lifestyle Sinks
- Stocks Rise; U.S. Auto Parts Revs Up, BreitBurn Energy Stalls
- Stocks Fall; MRV Communications Rises, Ducommun Sinks
- Stocks Rise; General Finance Climbs, BreitBurn Sinks