The Walt Disney Co. has purchased 14.7 acres of land near its Anaheim Disneyland park, fueling speculation that it’s making way for an expansion that could include Disney's Star Wars or Marvel's superhero characters, the Los Angeles Times reports. While Disney executives would not comment on their plans, they have agreed to invest at least $1 billion in the park by 2024 in exchange for a tax break for the next 30 years.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Disney Mulls $1 Billion Disneyland Expansion
- Newest Disney Resort to Have Chinese Flavor
- Star Wars Land Not So Far, Far Away
- Star Wars Land Rumors Fly Ahead of Disney Fan Fest
- Heirs File Claims to Marvel Heroes
- Disneyland Closing Some Attractions
- ABC Bets on Marvel Heroes for New Season
- Disneyland's Overcrowding Problem