Long Beach could become the next city to raise the minimum wage, the Long Beach Press Telegram reports. Long Beach Councilwoman Suja Lowenthal and three other City Council members are calling for a study to examine what impact it might have on that city. Local business leaders are concerned about how small businesses would fare if there were a higher minimum wage.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Long Beach Officials Call for Minimum Wage Hike
- Queen Seeks New Neighbors
- Weighing the Minimum Wage
- Shortage of Educated Workers Expected
- Long Beach Chamber Endorses Garcia
- Long Beach City Council Rejects Plan for International Flights at Long Beach Airport
- Rage Guitarist Supports Truckers
- New Money for Alamitos Bay Marina Approved