The president of Anthem Blue Cross in California is leaving the insurer for a different gig in the health care industry.
Mark Morgan’s April 24 departure from the state’s largest for-profit health insurer was announced in an employee memo circulated Friday. Morgan’s new employer wasn’t disclosed.
Other members of Anthem Blue Cross’s California leadership team will temporarily assume his responsibilities until a new president is selected for the Thousand Oaks-based unit of Anthem Inc.
Morgan took over as president in 2013 after more than two decades in the industry including senior positions at Woodland Hills-based Health Net Inc. and Anthem Blue Cross.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Anthem Critics Call for Ballot Initiative to Cap Insurance Costs
- Health Care Roundtable: Anthem Blue Cross
- California OKs Anthem Rate Hike After Controversy
- Blue Cross, Blue Shield Agree to Fines
- City Attorney Sues Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Makes Settlement on Recissions
- Survey: Local Large Health Insurers Rank Low in Satisfaction
- Women of Influence- Health Care: Beth Andersen