A handful of truck drivers who carry goods from the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach took part Monday in a day of prayer and fasting to raise awareness of three local trucking firms they say misclassify drivers as independent contractors to skirt labor laws that require fair wages: Pacific 9 Transportation, Total Transportations Services Inc. and Green Fleet Systems, the Daily Breeze reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Harbor Truckers Go On Strike
- Teamsters Claim Victory as Port Truck Drivers Reinstated
- Legal Clashes Put Trucking Firm on Rocky Road
- More Truckers Strike
- Why Port Drivers Keep Striking
- Port Truckers Take Strike to Rail Yards
- Trucking Firms Suspect Amnesty Won’t Deliver
- Port OKs Independent Trucker Ban