EBay said on Tuesday that it will spin off its payments processor, PayPal, into a separate publicly traded company, the New York Times reports. Billionaire activist-investor Carl Icahn nine months ago demanded the move, which will split eBay roughly in half, as a way to generate value for shareholders.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Lions Gate Fined for Actions Against Icahn
- Engine Shut-Off Systems Keep Payments Coming
- Gannett to Spin Off Print Operations
- Justice Department Seeks Mortgage Deal with BofA
- CalPERS to End All Hedge Fund Investments
- Apple Poised to Buy Beats for $3.2 Billion
- Tobacco Firms to Merge
- J.P. Morgan to Sell Commodities Unit