The Denzel Washington-driven thriller “The Equalizer” shot to the top of the North American box office on its debut weekend, earning an estimated $35 million and knocking “The Maze Runner” out of the top slot, the Hollywood Reporter says. There was less Denzel-mania overseas, where 20th Century Fox’s “The Maze Runner,” took in $27.5 million in 62 international markets, dwarfing the Sony Pictures’ debut of $17.8 million.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- YA Film Beats Thriller at Box Office
- Box Office: ‘Exodus’ Dethrones ‘Mockingjay’
- Box Office: ‘Perfect Guy’ Narrowly Beats ‘The Visit’
- Box Office: 'Maze Runner’ Wins, 'Black Mass' Opens Strong
- Box Office: 'The Martian' Debuts at No. 1
- Box Office: ‘Hotel Transylvania 2' Sets September Record
- Thrillers Top the Box Office
- Movies Outdraw '05 Box Office