Dollar Shave Club, the razor club that mails blades to subscribers, has raised $50 million in Series C funding, bringing its total funding to date to $73 million.
A Silicon Beach darling, the Venice startup said it was on track to exceed $60 million in sales this year, a 200 percent increase from last year. In the three years since its launch, the company has grown to 1 million members and said it accounts for 8.8 percent of the unit sales of men’s cartridges in the United States. Research firm Mintel said disposable razors and cartridges made up $3 billion in sales last year.
The Series C round was led by Technology Crossover Ventures with participation from Forerunner Ventures and Venrock.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Dollar Shave Club’s Membership Hits 1 Million
- Dollar Shave Club to Exceed $60 Million in Sales
- Dollar Shave Club Reloads on Cash
- Dollar Shave Club Raises More Millions; Eyeing IPO?
- Retention Science Raises $7 Million Series A
- Anyone in Lather for Razor IPO?
- Science Inc. Acquires App-Maker InLight
- Kin Secures $12 Million Series C Round