A Los Angeles County Superior Court jury handed down a $39 million verdict against Pasadena’s East West Bancorp Inc., finding that the bank had breached a multimillion-dollar construction loan agreement with a Cambodian refugee couple, forcing them to default on their loan and leading to foreclosure on the commercial property, the Los Angeles Times reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- News of the Week
- Jury Tells Cathay to Pay Garden Grove Developers $11.6 Million
- Guilty Verdits in Westside Mortgage Fraud Case
- Los Angeles Leads Nation in Pick-Up Theft
- Long-Term Unemployment Last to Recover From Recession
- Santa Monica, West Hollywood to Consider Wage Hikes
- L.A. Sues JPMorgan Chase, Alleges Predatory Lending
- Default Risks Rising for Home Equity Loans