Californians who write negative opinions or reviews of businesses online will have new legal protection under a bill signed Tuesday by Gov. Jerry Brown, which bans businesses from making their customers sign non-disparagement clauses, the Los Angeles Times reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Gov. Brown Signs Bill Banning Tax Write-Offs for Pro Sports Fines
- Taking Aim at Gender Gap
- Banning Paparazzi Drones
- Vaping Ban
- California Ban on Ticket-Buying 'Bots' Is Signed Into Law
- Package of Bills to Boost Electric Cars
- Lawmakers to Offer $1 Billion Drought Relief Bill
- Bill to Prevent Unwarranted Data Collection Passes Senate