The Los Angeles Business Journal’s index of the largest local public companies rose for the week. The weighted LABJ index rose 5 percent to close at 214. Gainers outpaced losers by 118 to 32, with nine companies unchanged.
Big 5 Sporting Goods Corp. of El Segundo was one of the week’s leading gainers. Shares rose 24 percent to close at $12.34 on Friday after the retailer reported strong third quarter earnings that beat analysts’ expectations.
West Hollywood marijuana dispensing company Medbox Inc. also had a good week. Shares rose 22 percent to close $13.90 after the company added new executives and directors, including new board member Jennifer Love, a former FBI executive.
Among the stocks that trade above a dollar, Broadway Financial Corp., the Mid-Wilshire parent of Broadway Federal Bank, was among the week’s losing stocks. Shares fell 13 percent to close the week at $1.50.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Medbox, Jakks Among Week’s Big Movers
- Kite Pharma, Medbox Among Week’s Big Movers
- City National, Medbox Among Week’s Big Movers
- Medbox, Second Sight Among Week’s Big Movers
- Macerich, Kite Pharma Among Week’s Big Gainers
- Broadway Financial and Cadiz Among This Week’s Big Movers
- Tutor Perini, Big 5 Sporting Goods Among Week's Biggest Movers
- Qualstar, Broadway Financial Among This Week’s Movers