Legendary Entertainment has purchased Smart Girls at the Party, a site founded by comedian Amy Poehler.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Launched in 2008, the women’s empowerment forum offers original video content that focuses on giving a voice to young women. The Austin, Texas, site has grown to have more than 550,000 Facebook fans and 5 million views on its YouTube channel.
Smart Girls will join the Burbank studio’s digital division, which includes geek culture site Nerdist and recent acquisition Geek & Sundry. Legendary Digital Network is looking to expand beyond offering geek and fanboy content and cover other verticals through branded channels.
“We at Smart Girls are excited to be working with Legendary and look forward to providing funny and inspirational content for all of the goofballs out there,” Poehler said in a statement.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Kin Secures $12 Million Series C Round
- Evolve Media Acquires Total Beauty
- Cinedigm and TV4 Partner to Launch Online Channels
- Collective Digital Studio Relaunches Fred Channel
- Big Frame Adds Talent
- News of the Week
- MiTu Taps Tech Executives for Senior Positions
- 3BlackDot Launches Multichannel Network