A giant database of intercepted Snapchat photos and videos has been released by hackers onto the chat forum 4chan, thanks to a third-party app used to catalog at least 100,000 snaps that would otherwise be deleted, Business Insider reports. Users of 4chan have downloaded the files and are creating a searchable database that will allow people to search the stolen images by Snapchat username.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Snapchat Filters Out Third-Party Apps
- Snapchat Updates to Fix Security Flaw
- Sony Demands That Media Delete ‘Stolen’ Information
- Silicon Beach Report June 11: L.A. Football Club Testing Biometric Ticketing
- Silicon Beach Report May 15: SpaceX Settles Overtime Pay Class Action for $4 Million
- Sony Hack Reveals Snapchat Acquisitions
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 13: Virtual Reality Developer Survios Raises $50 Million
- Headspace Adds $48 Million to Series C