President Barack Obama announced Thursday a plan that will give more than four million undocumented immigrants the chance to apply for work permits, protecting them from deportation, the Wall Street Journal reports. It will also narrow the group of people who would be subject to deportation, focusing on gang members, serious criminals and those who crossed the border after Jan. 1.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Obama to Announce Immigration Action on Friday
- GOP Wants Speedier Deportations
- Obama to Give Unauthorized Immigrants Work Permits
- California May Grant Driver's Licenses to Young Illegal Immigrants
- Deportation Policy Could Hurt L.A.’s Economy
- Dream Act Passage Urged by L.A. Chamber, Biz Groups Statewide
- L.A. Chamber Joins Push to Renew Dream Act
- Leaders of Influence: Litigators & Trial Lawyers- SEAN ANDRADE